It's damn near Christmas time and I've decided to put out MY TOP 10 CHRISTMAS SONGS OF ALL-TIME! You can probably go ahead and consider this your top 10 list as well because it's so dang awesome!
I know most of you have been listening to 103.7 Lite FM during the Christmas season. It's okay to admit it! And don't pretend you don't listen when it's not Christmas season either. I know you love Delilah's heart warming stories just as much as I do.
So, I've spent the last few weeks listening to Christmas songs and compiling my top 10 list. And I'll admit, it was tough and I'm damn near burned out with Christmas music and all, but I don't want Santa to take me off his good boy list, so I continue to listen.
In fact, while I was working at the office, I had my radio turned on to the Christmas station so my research could continue while I worked. I was a little worried about what people would think of me, especially had they known I had been wearing the same pair of Christmas panties since the day after Thanksgiving. Of course, I flip them inside and out every now and then.
Heck, for the purposes of research, I even created a Christmas station on Pandora and listened to it during a 2 mile run on Monday with Phoebe. There's my running tie in for the post.
So here we go, T-Bone's Top 10 Christmas Songs that get me in the mood for
Honorable Mention: Jingle Bell Rock, Bobby Helms; Rockin Around the Christmas Tree, Brenda Lee; Please Come Home for Christmas, Eagles; The Christmas Song, Nat King Cole; Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Frank Sinatra
10. Baby It's Cold Outside, Margaret Whiting and Johnny Mercer - There's nothing wrong with trying to get laid during Christmas time.
9. Linus and Lucy, Vince Guaraldi Trio - It's impossible to think of Christmas and not think of this beautiful medley.
8. Run Run Rudolph, Chuck Berry - Home Alone anyone?
7. Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Bruce Springsteen - The Boss. Is there any further explanation required?
6. White Christmas, Drifters - I guess this selection stems from my enjoyment of Home Alone too. I also love the brothers with the deep voices going 'do do, do do do...' And then they break out the high pitched portion of the song.
5. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), U2 - This song just gets my Christmas blood pumping and fires me up for Santa Claus coming to visit me. And although I do enjoy Darlene Love's version, this one makes my Christmas willie go Christmas crazy.
4. Hard Candy Christmas, Dolly Parton - The way I like to enjoy this song is by stuffing my shirt to make big boobies, throw on a blond wig, have Phoebe punch me in the nuts as hard as she can, and then I belt the tune out. I also enjoy singing duet style with the one and only Jon Little.
3. Santa Baby, Taylor Swift - I love Taylor Swift. I love her hard. And if I have to hand in my mancard to enjoy one of God's great gifts to pop music, then take it away.
2. Blue Christmas, Elvis Presley - This Christmas song really makes me thrust my pelvic hard as I dance around in public areas. There's no telling what I would do for a head of hair like the King had.
1. Happy Xmas (War is Over), John Lennon - Yep, a war protest song is my number 1 favorite Christmas song. I also chose this one because I can listen to it anytime of the year and enjoy the heck out of it. Boom! Merry Christmas!
So what's your favorite Christmas song(s)?